Most of us already know that eating calçots is an increasingly popular and increasingly desired food festival. We have recommended the 10 best restaurants in which to eat calçots in another article, and now we are going to recommend 5 wineries. Besides visiting them and practicing wine tourism, you will be able to enjoy an authentic calçotada without leaving the winery. Also, you will always be surrounded by beautiful landscapes, vineyards and, of course, the best wine of each area.
For you, we have created a ranking of the best wineries where you can taste these sweet onions that have become so fashionable in recent years.
It is impossible to have a better plan to round off the day. So put on your bib and get your calçots wet!
Undoubtedly, one of the classics of the Priorat area. A family winery with a restaurant and also lodging in the same building. A perfect place for a calçotada in Priorat.
We start off by visiting the winery’s facilities, its winemaking area and the fabulous ageing room, which was an old water tank. After the pleasant explanations, it is time to go to the dining room or to the spectacular garden for the calçotada. Undoubtedly the best place in Priorat for an authentic traditional calçotada, all with local, organic and seasonal products. > Book now
Calçotada menu – Organic calçots with traditional sauce
– Varied garden salad
– Barbecue: organic lamb and sausage from Priorat
– Side dish of seasonal vegetables and white beans
– Km 0 rice blood sausages
– Desserts: Catalan cream
– DOQ Priorat wine, water and coffee
– Visit to the winery included Price: 38,5 € (VAT incl.)
The Suriol – Castle of Grabuac winery elaborates its wines and cavas organically, they work the land in a traditional way and are a reflection of the most authentic Penedès. During the visit to the winery you will discover the facilities and enjoy a tasting of its wines and cavas. You can even stay overnight in their rural accommodations. > Book now
And it does not end there, as the family also has the La Taba restaurant, an old stone masia surrounded by a large esplanade, ideal for children to run free in the middle of nature. They work with km 0 products and it is necessary to make a reservation in advance, since they cook exclusively for you.
Calçotada menu – Appetizer: thick potato chips and fuet
– Unlimited calçots with traditional sauce
– Barbecue: lamb, bacon and butifarra with beans
– Side dish: garden salad, artichoke and baked potato
– Desserts: lemon sorbet and toast with oil, salt and chocolate
– Suriol wines and cavas Price: 39 € (VAT incl.)
Located in the heart of the capital of cava, the winery has some cellars dating back to 1915. During the visit you can learn about the traditional cava production process of one of the emblematic wineries of the DO Penedès. > Book now
And as this is about traditions, in the winery’s restaurant you can practice the traditional calçotada. Not only that, but you will be able to discover traditional Catalan cuisine, such as the escudella de pagés, the escalivada or the esqueixada.
Calçotada menu – Unlimited calçots with traditional sauce
– Grilled artichokes
– Barbecue: lamb ribs and loin chops, white and black butifarra
– Side dish of escalivada, white beans and aioli
– Desserts: Catalan cream, Canals & Munné cava sorbet
– Brut Reserva cava, wine and water
– Coffee, infusions and shot of marc de cava or cava liquor Price: 38,5 € (VAT incl.)
And if we are talking about calçotadas, we cannot forget its place of origin, Valls, and its region, the Alt Camp. There we will find several restaurants in which to enjoy a genuine calçotada. Particularly, in the Coll de Nullesrestaurant we will also be able to learn about the production of the Magrinyà Calaf wines and cavas while eating some good calçots.
You will discover how the Calaf family has more than 200 years of experience in the cultivation of these lands. Not only that, but you will learn first-hand the secrets of wines and cavas that are the fruit of rigor and patience. If you eat in the restaurant the visit is free of charge. > Book now
Calçotada menu – Unlimited calçots with traditional sauce
– Barbecue: lamb ribs, sausage and black butifarra
– Side dish: ‘ganxet’ beans and artichoke
– Endive salad
– Desserts: Catalan cream with carquinyoli and chopped orange
– Magrinyà Calaf wines and cavas, water, coffee and bread from the Nulles bakery Price: 42 € (VAT incl.)
Another winery in which you can enjoy an authentic calçotada is the Miquel Jané winery. It is located in the small village of Guardiola de Font-rubí, in the heart of the Penedès, just a few minutes from Vilafranca del Penedès. > Book at the winery
We will first visit the winery’s facilities, located in the old family masia and completely surrounded by vineyards and forest. Later we will get to know and taste different wines to give way to the enjoyment of the calçotada in the restaurant of the winery itself, in Penedés. > Book at the restaurant
Calçotada menu Main course
– Grilled organically grown calçots with romesco sauce
– Warm mushroom salad with Iberian ham shavings
– Red wine festive cannelloni with pine nuts
– Grilled km 0 vegetables with pesto oil
– Barbecue with grilled meat including lamb, chicken, butifarra, black butifarra, beans, al caliu potato and roasted tomato
– Duck from Penedès with artichoke and potato
– Cod confit with pisto
– Rooster thigh stuffed with calçots and plums
Assorted homemade desserts to choose from
Includes wine from our cellar, bread and water
Price: 35 € (VAT incl.)
We have shown you 5 wineries with a restaurant in which to enjoy a fantastic calçotada. Do you know any others?
Want to check out the top 10 restaurants for a calçotada? Here they are.
⚠️ Due to COVID-19 visiting hours can be subject to change
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.